Research in Marine biology and Ecology
Marine Environment and Living Resources
International Development Concept regarding the Ocean
Future Vision of the International Collaboration in Marine Science "Collaborative Research for the Conservation and Restoration of the Environment and Bioresources in the East Asian Estuaries"
(Collaborating research institutions in Japan: Nagasaki Prefectural Institute of Fisheries, Fisheries Research Agency Seikai National Fisheries Research Institute etc.)
MEXT Special Education Research Collaborative Project
Period:Five years from 2005 to 2010
- Development of ecosystem conservation/restoration measures for enclosed waters (Ariake Sound, Omura Bay etc.)
- Restoration of biodiversity and bioproductivity in open waters (East China Sea and Yellow Sea)
- Development of stable and safe systems for marine life cultivation and supply
- Conservation and restoration of the environment and biodiversity in the East China Sea and adjacent waters as the basis for bioresource production
- Scientific proposal for safe and stable use of fisheries resources
- Development of a research network with Korean and Chinese universities and research institutions for the restoration of the environment and resources in the East China Sea and adjacent waters.